Saturday 9 November 2019

(N)iceland

Visiting Iceland was a lifetime experience. I have been there for 5 days and I have seen some beautiful places. On my first day there, I got to know my hosting family who are lovely people. 
On the second day, we spent the morning at local school and we had the opponturity to see how their school works. In the afternoon, we travelled to Bessastaðir where we met with the President of Iceland at his residence.
After that, we visited Perlan in Reykjavik and watched a film about the northern lights which was really interesting. 
Next day, we went to Þingvellir UNESCO National Park where we learned about the geology and the history of Iceland. Then, we visited Kerið which is a crater lake.
Later, we saw the huge waterfall: Gullfoss and an erupting geysir.
On the following day, we went to UNESCO Global Geopark where we visited the boundaries of 2 tectonic plates. We spent the rest of the day in Reykjavik where we had a freetime in the afternoon to buy souvenirs.

I would like to thank the organisation to the Icelanders because the whole trip was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment